There was once a day when a routine sewer repair job meant the destruction of a lawn, plus a long, expensive, and complicated process to boot. Those days are long gone. Thanks to the technology of trenchless sewer repair in Seattle, WA, and the surrounding areas, Budget Sewer has the capability to perform a swift, targeted, effective, and less expensive solution.
Our sewer experts also do video sewer inspections!
What is Trenchless Sewer Repair?
The term “trenchless” describes the approach exactly — no trench is required. Most repair jobs mean digging up the existing sewer line in order to place new pipes or repair broken sections.
Trenchless repair, by contrast, requires minimal excavation at only two spots — an entry point and an exit point. The existing pipe is drilled away and simultaneously replaced with a new pipe constructed from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
Get a free estimate on your job, big or small! (206) 381-1904. We serve:
- Renton, WA
- Lake Forest Park, WA
- Redmond, WA
- Lynnwood, WA
- Mountlake Terrace
- Kingsgate, WA
- Kenmore, WA
- SeaTac, WA
- Bothell, WA
Pneumatic Pipe Bursting
Trenchless technology is quite simple. After all, it uses the ground space of the old sewer line. The first step in the process is getting rid of the old pipe.
This is accomplished by using a tool called the Grundocrack, a pneumatic hammer drill that breaks away the pipe, clearing the way for the new pipe. The tool simultaneously pulls the replacement pipe into the hole created by the drilling.
Total Sewer Repair and Improvement
In addition to repairing a sewer, no-dig technology improves the entire line in the following ways:
- HDPE pipe is strong and durable. Older sewer pipes, whether comprised of terra cotta, iron, or some other material are nearly always less effective. Iron can’t expand/contract, and terra cotta breaks. HDPE is flexible, meaning that it can withstand the expansion and contraction of the surrounding soil or the freezing and thawing of water in the pipes.
- HDPE has no pipe seams. Because of its flexibility, there are no seams in an HDPE sewer line. Seams along a sewer are one of the leading reasons for root intrusion. As water collects along the seam, roots can penetrate into the pipe causing severe clogging and backlog. This probably is eliminated with a trenchless repair.
- Trenchless repair expands the sewer line. Old sewer lines can become constricted over time, reducing the flow of water and slowing drain times. In pneumatic pipe bursting, room is made for a larger pipe. A repair job will expand the diameter of the main sewer line by several inches.
Perhaps the greatest advantages of no-dig pipelines are what it saves you in terms of time and money. The sewer pipe line repair process is quick and efficient. Plus, you’ll never have to deal with an ugly trench ripping your lawn to pieces.
Trenchless Sewer Repair FAQs
Why Choose Us
There's something to be said for being first! Budget Sewer was the first company serving the Seattle area to offer a trenchless way to repair and replace sewer line pipes. We also routinely put customer needs front and center at all times with:
- 24-hour access for urgent sewer needs
- Budget-pleasing prices
- Industry-leading solutions
- Free estimates
Contact Our Trenchless Pros Today
Learn more about the many possibilities with no-dig sewer repair solutions available from Budget Sewer. Our knowledgeable local sewer experts make today's trenchless technology affordable and accessible. Start with a sewer inspection and receive a free estimate and pressure-free service recommendations for sewer repair services.
Give us a call to find out more about our services and to get a free estimate on your job, big or small. (206) 381-1904. We also provide: