How to Handle a Burst Sewer Pipe
Having a sewer pipe burst is no laughing matter. Anyone who has been through this experience knows that it can lead to horrible odor, however it can also cause other types of damage as well. If it happens within the house, it can cause water damage and contamination of anything that the sewer water comes in contact with. Outdoors it can ruin landscaping and even put your water supply at risk of being contaminated. It is a true plumbing emergency and needs to be taken care of as soon as possible.
We do video sewer inspections!
Signs Your Sewer Pipe Is Bursting
There are a few ways to determine whether you are dealing with a sewer pipe bursting or just a water pipe. Both are emergency plumbing situations, however, a burst sewer pipe can even be more detrimental to your property.
Signs that you may have a burst or leaking sewer pipe include:
- Odor. If you smell a bad odor that smells like waste, there is a good chance you have a leak or burst sewer pipe. Try to find where the odor is coming from, either inside your home or outside.
- Water pools. Look in your yard for pools of water, especially if it has not rained. Even in the wet climate of the Northwest, you may still notice one area that is collecting more water than normal where the pipe has burst under the ground.
We take pride in providing excellent, personal service, and we are available 24⁄7 for our customer’s convenience, receive a free estimate by calling (206) 381-1904.
What To Do If You Have A Burst Sewer Pipe
If you determine that you indeed have a sewer pipe bursting, then you need professional help immediately. Stop putting anything down the drains or flushing the toilet and call a sewer professional right away. Of course you want to make sure the company you call can handle the problem and is reputable. Qualifications to consider are:
- Registered Side Sewer Contractor. If the sewer pipe is under ground and you live in Seattle, you most likely will need a company that is a Registered Side Sewer Contractor.
- Experience. You want a company that has experience handling emergency sewer problems.
- Reputation. You want a company that is fair and honest, as well as being knowledgeable. Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to find a company that is accredited.
- Services. To fix an outdoor burst sewer pipe, find a company that can do trenchless sewer repairs and replacements. This will be quicker and often less expensive than traditional trenched repairs.
Call Budget Sewer For Your Burst Sewer Pipe
If you live in the Seattle area, you have a local expert that can handle your plumbing emergency. Budget Sewer is a Registered Side Sewer Contractor that has been serving the area for over 10 years and is accredited with the BBB. They offer 24-hour emergency service, every day of the year. Budget Sewer is a trenchless sewer repair expert and can get your sewer pipe fixed fast and at a reasonable price. For your next plumbing or sewer pipe emergency, call the local experts at Budget Sewer.